Thursday, June 09, 2005

Dynastes Hercules Hercules Grubs.

Well after bit of a snafu from the US Postal Service...I received my package from Texas. Upon opening the package...I saw 3 containers inside. Sure enough...I opened the first one and there was a female Dynastes Hercules Hercules beetle grub. A huge one. The next container contained an even bigger male grub...same sub-species. Massive sized grubs. Unbelievable! I will post a couple of pics of them later. Included was a bonus grub from Texas...possibly an Ox beetle grub.

The 2 monster grubs are the larval form of the worlds largest and heaviest beetle...the giant Hercules beetle. These 2 larvae are captive bred and originally from the Guadeloupe, Mexico region. This region is known for producing the largest beetles. Only the males have horns. A wild caught male from that region measured 180mm...nealry 8 inches.

You might wonder why I got these 2 giant grubs? Well...I am going to try my hand at breeding them...the adult males sell for $150 each and up! Hmmm Tony's Beetle Ranch...has sort of a ring to it. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home